HybridZ

Im starting to think I got the wrong JTR headers...

Ok, since day 1 when I got my swap headers, I have thought that the primaries looked kinda.. well... weaksauce.. major weaksauce. So I didn't pay much attention and kinda blew it off as oh well, thats my only option. I paid for the larger primaried headers so I dont understand why theyre so small..

WELL..

Ever since I put the headers in, the passenger side really hasn't fit worth a damn and if I ever wanted a shop to put exhaust on, I guarantee they would be whining and crying for 3 days about how hard that pass side collector is to get to, you basically have to pull the engine to do anything with that collector. I REALLY dont feel like pulling my engine out AGAIN, to take these off and send them back. There really is no other way to get that side out though.

Here are some comparison pics...

The JTR Ceramic coated headers.. the larger primaried ones..

2hy9bba.jpg

Here are my JTR headers.. the larger primary ones, that dont look so large to me. The pipe goes down in size considerably as it leaves the flange... you can also kinda tell by how large the gap is between the tubing, as compared to the pictured above.

20hom68.jpg

Something doesn't look right here at all. And it looks like i'm in for some more, waiting, out of more money, fun, work, bloody knuckles, whining and moaning.

:wc:

Wish I still had all my precision measurement tools. Sold them to a buddy who ended up making his career as a machinist and sold them to him. Im 100% sure these are not the correct headers, so I will just contact JTR tommorow when they are open. Hopefully he can resolve the issue.

Hi,

It looks like you got the wrong headers. Those headers are for the S10 LS1 swap, and they have 1-1/2" primaries. The LS1 Z headers are 1-3/4" (outside diameter))

It looks like my brother, Greg, shipped the wrong parts, or perhaps, the box was labeled incorrectly.

Call Greg (925-462-3619) and he will take care of the problem.

Not really.. theyre the biggest PITA to put on or take off while engine is in the car, and the pass. side one requires you to put a rather hefty dent in your firewall and it still doesn't fit too great.. makes it almost impossible to have an exhaust shop put exhaust on...