HybridZ

What do you guys use for cold air intake?

Hi everyone,

I own a 76 280Z.

I have a 60mm TB I bought from Pallnet a year ago (I think it is from a 240SX), which is mated to a custom intake, mounted to the L28 that has custom parts and SDS EMF-6 fuel and spark. Soon I will be tuning the engine on an engine dyno so it will be setup before putting it back in the car.

What have you guys used for Cold Air Intake? I'm looking for something like a AEM system. Should I buy one for the 1992 240SX and hope the length is good?

I'm actually in the process of making my own. Their are a couple posts showing pictures. I bought a 90 degree elbow made by Spectre and now just need to buy a K&N air filter and make a mount to hold filter in place.

What do you guys think of K&N Knock offs?

I looked at all the ebay auctions. They all bolt up to the stock AFM, which I don't have anymore.

My 60mm throttlebody has a TPS on it, and I have switched to SDS which uses a Manifold Air Pressure sensor mounted to the rear of the intake plenum, so no more AFM.

Anyone else have similar setup? I need a long intake tube that will fit a 60mm opening at the TB, that can run through the opening at the radiator made for the stock setup.