HybridZ

Always recalibrate your O2 sensors.. ouch!

proxlamus©

Do to my lack of reading skills I didnt bother to read Innovates instructions which mentioned after the first 3 months of using a wideband.. re calibrate the sensor to free air. Then every 6 months after that.

After a recalibration.. my AFR's are way outta wack..

like 14.2 AFR at 15psi.. how my motor survived I have no idea..

now I have a nice 11.5-12.5 AFR across the band...

BTW - is it normal under boost and quickly climbing RPM to have the AFR flucuate a few points?! For example 11.5, 11.2, 11.5, 11.8, 12.2, 11.9, 12.4 all in about 3 seconds or so.

I cant seem to get a SOLID number that doesnt bounce at all

BTW - is it normal under boost and quickly climbing RPM to have the AFR flucuate a few points?! For example 11.5, 11.2, 11.5, 11.8, 12.2, 11.9, 12.4 all in about 3 seconds or so.

Yeah, that's about how mine are. Mine jump between 11.3-12.3, with their average around 11.8 or so.

And just recalibrated mine two days ago :cool:

• Administrators

Its very tough to get a truly flat AFR. However, I might also argue that its not always the right goal.

I always figured unless I remove it and use on anaother car it would be fine.

Its an issue of sensor 'age'.

There is a lot of controversy out there about Innovate and the LM-1. Other companies say "Ours don't need to be calibrated!" But I like to believe that Innovate knows their ♥♥♥♥. They have their own forum with MASSIVE tech support. I will trust Innovate and calibrate my LM-1 every three months. It takes a whole 2 minutes to do.