HybridZ

Radiator cap question ' 2 caps '

Ok to start i have 2 radiator caps yes 2 caps . I have one at the highest point in the cooling system rite at the t stat neck a inline filler . Then of course one on the radiator itself .

Should i just run one line from the inline filler to the over flow bottle and plug the one on the radiator or vice versa . Or should i " Tee" the two together at the overflow tank . ?

Jason

If the pressure of the two caps are differemt one will suffice as long as both are on the same side of the thermostat.

Put a higher one at the least convient spot, and the lower one at more convient. If you have spillage at your higher as well you have more to worry about than loss of fuild.

I run two caps as well, in the same configuration you've mentioned, and use one overflow on the weaker cap. One thing I did last year that seems to help when I drain/fill the block is I added a tube (3" long threaded 1/4" pipe nipple with a cap) on the manifold's water passage) that is above all other parts and allows me to vent off the last little bit of air on the block side.