HybridZ

open r200 from 83' into 74 260z

CantZme

I have a diff that I've been waiting to swap into my 74 260z (280 body style) and I'm kind of confused about the details of the swap when searching through threads. I understand that a 240z would need the side stubs from a 280z when swapping in the r200, but I have a late 260 which is pretty much the 280 body. To my understanding, I don't need side stubs for a CV conversion?? I have z31 CV's and as of now I'm looking for a 280 mustache bar, a yoke flange,front diff mount and the MM adaptors for the CV conversion. Do I need side stubs and if so, will the ones from the 260z work if I do(i read somewhere that the spline count is the same as the 280?) Please clear this up for me guys I have tried searching and just get more confused everytime.

here is what I think I need as of now

1. z31 CVs

2. yoke

3. 280z mustache bar

4. MM adaptors

5. side stubs from a 280z?

6. front diff mount from a 280z

please point me in the right direction

Your stock front diff mount is fine they are the same. What do you mean when you say side stubs? Do you mean the ones that snap into the diff? If so you do not need them. Hopefully you have the TURBO CV's from a z31. Those should snap right into your diff i believe.