HybridZ

Another Holset V-band question.

jeffer949

Well as some of you know i bought a Holset HE351CW off of a 05 dodge. Now it did not come with the exhaust elbow or v-band clamp. Now i wouldnt think this would be a big deal but i cant figure out what size i need. Im posting some pics of it with a tape measure measuring the outlet and then just a picture of my ported wastegate. Any info you could give me would be great. I know some of you say to use a 4" v-band clamp but i dont see how that would work since it is closer to 4.5"

DSC01040.jpg

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

Guest 280ZForce

it's a 4" v-band, you are measuring the outer OD of the flange, the v-band measurement is based off the pipe OD, not the flange, because the bottom base of the flange lays on top of the piping. Go get a 4" and you'll be good.

The ones I use are from Burn's... they are not cheap clamps, but they are very high quality.

http://www.burnsstainless.com/cgi-bin/order.py?action=add&part_number=VB-400%20Clamp

Please tell me you are welding the internal wastegate shut and running an external?

Wasnt planning on running a external. at least not for now. I had the wastegate bored out from 22mm to 29mm and the puck is 32mm. It seems to work for bigphil so far. My only problem with running the 4inch v-band is when i look on this site.http://www.siliconeintakes.com/product_info.php?cPath=10&products_id=326&osCsid=cc2d99e2473d7fc21158195539113a6d

it says that the outer diamater of the flange is 4.09" thats like a .4" difference. isnt that to much??

Guest 280ZForce

those flanges and clamps are too small for the holset you have. That link is for 3.5" piping, they are labeling it wrong by calling it a 4" clamp because the name of it is supposed to come from the size of the pipe, not the flange OD.

I measured my holset and it measures out just like yours. The v-band flanges I got from Burn's have a total OD around the flange of approx. 4.75", 4" ID inside.

Trust me it works from Burn's, I use it on mine and it holds perfectly.