HybridZ

ZG flares on the 2+2 w/sportmax 002???

The car is actually setup pretty neutral. I have to play around with spring rates, camber, caster, sway bars, etc. It handles better than my silver car does with four 235/40/17 slicks all the way around it.

It doesnt take a whole heck of alot to get a 280 na into the 13's, just tuning, fairly decent build, low elevation, etc. I got my NA 280z down to 12.6 for my stroker build.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they really rubbing the suspension and the body? If so, I'd be calling the wheel man. for a credit or trade-in. You shouldn't have to buy coil-overs and flare a car to make a set of wheels work (and that's assuming you don't have coilovers yet).

Can I ask what you are doing to get a 13 sec quarter w/ a 280 n/a? Is that 13 flat? I'm running a Rebello 3.0 and have to rape the piss out of it to get a 13.6. My speed used to be about 104 and it has dropped 1-2 as well. I made some changes and don't seem to be able to find my way back. Currently Weber 45's/MSA 6:1 Header w/alot of cleanup and rewelding to match port/2.5" exhaust/MSD/ late ZX 5sp with a 4:38lsd. Car seemed ALOT happier in the quarter mile with the stock 4sp and 3:36. Any suggestions?

And Twincam 1 Fast Z- Maybe you can answer my previous Q? How does the car handle with the wide rears and narrower fronts? Are you able to adjust suspension to neutralize or does the car understeer with that setup?

Thanks ahead.

no its not 13 flat..it was 13.9 @ 103 mph i think....that was with my old N42 head and cam combo and low compression on one cylinder....

right now ive got a good block @ 240psi across the board, a shaved P90 head (2.5mm) and a stock cam and its decently faster....all i need now is a good camshaft, and i bet i could be in the mid-low 13's....but ive got a custom intakemanifold by Lonewolf (spork) and SDS fuel managment...

when i took the head to get shaved, i said 2mm which was a mistake...it had allready been milled .5mm, so now ive got to turn my timing down as i have way to much compression...i need to get a thicker headgasket, or stack two stock ones like norm did....

i cant get more than 29degrees timing with pinging to hell :-(

• 3 weeks later...

BuBbLeGuInEa I was about to buy the 16x8 zero offset sportmax 513's and get some 225/50/16's but it seems a lot of people are having rubbing issues. My z is a stock height but I'm sure it would rub on bumps at speed.

I think you should try rolling the fenders and if that doesn't make the rubbing tolerable then you could always flare it. I think you'd have to use spacers with your existing wheels if you flared the fenders. In my opinion it would look funny with the tires not out far enough.