HybridZ

Wanted: Advice or suggestions

Chaparral2f

I did some measuring on theZ31. It seems that the Jag suspension and wheels are about a half inch wider than the widest part of the body. That means that the tires are going to stick out about a quarter of an inch past the stock wheel flares. Nobody makes wide body kits for a 300zx that I am aware of, so I am in a quandery as to what to do. I don't care for ZG flares and I'm getting really tired of cutting and welding on the car. I need some way to get the tires inside the fenders at least a half inch or so. Any suggestions will be greatly appreaciated.

Thanx

its a z31. . . as soon as you hit the gas it'll squat, go negative camber and tuck those wheels right in for ya. . .:)

Actually, the suspension is all Jaguar (no semi trailing arms) :puke: I don't think the camber will go negative.

I really don't want to get rid of the wheels. They're Dayton True spokes and it would be a major PITA to find a set with a different offset, not to mention they would cost a $**t load replace.

dana 44 1_thumb.jpg

First of all I applaud you using a jag rear suspension set up!! The reduced unsprung weight should work out nice for a street/ strip car. Do you have any room to bring the tire in (as in wheel house room)? If so the logical choice would be to shorten the halfshafts and bring in the mounts for the suspension. This would allow you to keep them under the sheetmetal. More pics of the rest of the suspension would be helpfull. If my memory serves me correctly the Jag set up uses the halfshaft as the upper arm and the lower arm serves as the shock mount as well as keeping the suspension from rotating? If that is the case you can shorten both arms the needed 1/2 to 1" and provide your clearance needed asuming you have the wheel well for it.