HybridZ

Which seals are the same, or different, 2+2 VS coupe!

Ok, what is the same and what is different as far as seals go for a 2+2 and a coupe. Is the front and rear windsheild the same seal? Is the hatch seal the same? Obviously door seals, quarter window seals are different. Mainly concerned with hatch seals and widsheild and rear window seals. Thanks.

I typed out the words "To the best of my knowledge, none of that stuff should be different."

Then I thought, I don't want to have to stick my foot in my mouth.. so I searched on motorsport. Looks like yer boned, and they are all different. sorry.

Hatch glass and windshield seals

Rear Deck inner and outer seals, and taillight seals

Main 70-78 Weatherstripping page, Motorsport Auto

Anyone know how radical the differences are? Could it be gotten away with?

Rear hatch is considerably larger, as is the glass--so unless you have a weatherstrip stretcher/shrinker, it aint gonna work

Not sure what the exact difference is on the windshield, but I think it has to do with the exact angle of the roofline, since it is so much "flatter"

Well thats why I figured I would ask. So I call up MSA, which is where I got the seal kit from, and sure enough, even though I told them TWO PLUS TWO, they send me a coupe kit. ARGGGGGGGG. I understood that the door seals would be different, but now I am stuck with pretty much nothing that is going to work. Thanks for your help.