HybridZ

Hid's Anyone????

Rah-Rah

whats up guys, have been kicking aound the idea of putting a set of HIDS on my 78 S30. i found a set on ebay just to try out. a buddy of mine got a set and put them on a 91' civic siand i must say they look great. i ordered a set of aftermarket headlights to accomodate an H4 bulb for like twenty bucks and then the set of HIDS for a nissan 240sx. i hooked up the ballast box and bulb on the driver's side first. and it fired right up!!!!! seeing the Golden Yellow light for the first time got me so amped!!!! now for the second side.......hook up ballast box and connected the bulb and no Golden Yellow light(Bummer)

I switched the bulbs first and then the boxes and still the same result, just the bulb trying to ignite, sort of like a spark plug just sparking and then the driver side would flicker then shut down(Double Bummer). Can you guys please shoot me some ideas of waht sould be going wrong and how to solve it? The one shinning light looked too damn pretty just to give up on. Thanx in Advance -

Check the ground on your bulb socket, don't rely on the frame to make the ground connection. Also make sure the ballest and a good ground and a strong +12v. One thing I've learned about HID from building underwater video lights is they don't like to be quick cycled. If you turn them on leave them on for at least 2 minutes, same if you turn them off, leave them off for at least 2 minutes.

whats up guys, have been kicking aound the idea of putting a set of HIDS on my 78 S30. i found a set on ebay just to try out. a buddy of mine got a set and put them on a 91' civic siand i must say they look great. i ordered a set of aftermarket headlights to accomodate an H4 bulb for like twenty bucks and then the set of HIDS for a nissan 240sx. i hooked up the ballast box and bulb on the driver's side first. and it fired right up!!!!! seeing the Golden Yellow light for the first time got me so amped!!!! now for the second side.......hook up ballast box and connected the bulb and no Golden Yellow light(Bummer)

I switched the bulbs first and then the boxes and still the same result, just the bulb trying to ignite, sort of like a spark plug just sparking and then the driver side would flicker then shut down(Double Bummer). Can you guys please shoot me some ideas of waht sould be going wrong and how to solve it? The one shinning light looked too damn pretty just to give up on. Thanx in Advance -