HybridZ

ALWAYS tighten your lugnuts.

Challenger

:-)

Lack of reading?

Not at all..."apparently"...... this may be hear say? Have you ever tried to put a nut onto an incorrect thread pattern? It aint easy to install or remove. ;)...

Im just stating my opinion....I dont have hard facts either.

This sorta happened to me in my Z. I'm driving down the street at night through a construction zone, and I see a manhole cover OPEN in my lane. There is a car behind me, a car left of me, and cones on the right of me with heavy machinery behind them. I tried to veer around it within my lane but the wheel fell through and I felt the biggest bump of my life. I'm cruising at 10mph with my hazards till I get out of the construction zone and WHILE IM BRAKING TO STOP my wheel falls right off and crushes my fender. Amazingly the OEM DUST SHIELD held up the entire car and the rotor or any other suspension piece didn't have a scratch! My axle stubs were fine, my wheel had a little bit of metal taken off behind the lug nut holes, and besides the fender everything was fine. I thought about sue'ing the city but it would be just cheaper to take it to my buddies body shop.