HybridZ

What's your Fav shifter for the BW T-5?

Sean 83ZXT

Guest JAMIE T

I have used just about all of the available T5 shifters. My first mustang had a Hurst in it when I bought it, so I got used to it pretty fast, never missed a gear. I was at a huge mustang race when one of the venders was trying to push the PRO-5.0 shifter on me. He said " this is the same shifter thats in Bob Hanlons car"(a fast Hot Street mustang). I returned with, "So why has he missed third on every pass?" I don't know, it is a good shifter, but maybe he was having a bad day. Its just the guy trying to sell me one was trying to dog out my Hurst, saying it was crap.

Umm... have you seen the Hurst shifters lately? The Pro 5.0 IS a better shifter - hands down. I had one of the older Hurst shifters too - much better than the stock one. But when I went to a Tremec I was told that Hurst had gone downhill and shown a Pro shifter - the quality is obvious. Steeda also makes a nice shifer but for my T56 I believe I'll be grabbing a Pro shifter (shrug). To each his own but Hurst hasn't kept up - they were however the first to realize there were BIG problems with the stock shifter smile.gif

Guest JAMIE T

I don't think I said it was a bad shifter, in fact I have one(PRO 5.0) in may convertable now on a Tremec. I was just saying that the knuckle head sales guy was a was being pushy and that Bob Hanlon was having a bad day. read my post again

I have always had hursts in my cars until I got the cobra....I got it with a hurst in it but had a brand new steeda tri-ax shifter laying around for when I get a t5 in the Z so I threw it in the cobra for the meantime. It seems to be alot louder than the hurst but it's more comfy and seems to shift a little bit better.

JT

------------------

1978 280z with 280zx turbo motor. Big turbo, big intercooler, and alotta boost. :) 8.4 @ 90 1/8 mile with a bad bad traction problem.

1994 Mustang Cobra with a few mods.....

http://turbotaylor.homestead.com/files/index.html