HybridZ

Lowering suspension on a 78 280z???

Hi, i am new to this forum. i own a78 280z which i currenlty is undergoin a complete ground up restoration. Up to date it is completely stripped new pans and frame rails installed and the underbody stripped and spray with por-15 and new coat of undercoating. anyway im in process of installing all new suspsnsion and wanted to know a few things. After much research decided to buy tokico springs/struts. I purchased my lowering springs from motorsportauto.com part # 233952 and i purchased tokico hp's non adjustable from blackdragonauto.com. my question is im in the process of installing the and i know the lowering springs are considerably shorter then stock but is it normal for the lowering springs not to require a spring compressor to install them. they are the exact length of my stock springs when compressed in the strut housing. any opinions on my choice of components, mainly my z is gonna be just a nice cruizer. any advice much appreciated ,keith

Did you add the bump stops 88-715 from Black Dragon and spacers 23-4186 from zcarparts.com to the front?

Hi, i am new to this forum. i own a78 280z which i currenlty is undergoin a complete ground up restoration. Up to date it is completely stripped new pans and frame rails installed and the underbody stripped and spray with por-15 and new coat of undercoating. anyway im in process of installing all new suspsnsion and wanted to know a few things. After much research decided to buy tokico springs/struts. I purchased my lowering springs from motorsportauto.com part # 233952 and i purchased tokico hp's non adjustable from blackdragonauto.com. my question is im in the process of installing the and i know the lowering springs are considerably shorter then stock but is it normal for the lowering springs not to require a spring compressor to install them. they are the exact length of my stock springs when compressed in the strut housing. any opinions on my choice of components, mainly my z is gonna be just a nice cruizer. any advice much appreciated ,keith

My 280Z already had those holes. Good point about the zipties, I may have to change those. But I've had the car up and down many times and the sprigs have alway seated.

Yeah what I normally do is drill little holes through the hats/bases and wrap wire around the springs in a U then twist the 2 loose ends of wire up until the springs are pretty tight up against the hats/bases.Dont trust zipties myself for these applications...