HybridZ

FYI - Use can use any aftermarket wideband with the NEW Wolf V500

ktm

Hugh, Im buying what appears to be a V500 v1 and I will be installing an LC-1. In fact, Bo will be helping (doing!) the install next month. Is the upgrade to v2 a hardware or software upgrade?

I believe it requires both. The V500 v1 was marketed under the premise that it had wideband datalogging, etc. capabilities. I guess they couldn't get all the bugs worked out before it shipped.

So, now that Wolf has finalized the wideband they will honor v1 customers with a v2 (which now includes a "standalone" wideband unit). The catch is that you have to pay for shipping to AUS, which from the U.S. can be $100(?).

I'm not 100% on the details, but I'm guessing there is a (minor) hardware change, firmware change, plus you get the new O2 hardware. I'm not sure if there is a PC software update.

For me, since I already have an Innovate system running, I opted not to update to v2.

Hope this helped, -Hugh

[Edit: Edited my post to correct the mis-information about the shipping to AUS]

• Administrators
ahhhhh... yea I thought there was going to be an update.

Jason,

You can send your ECU to Wolf for the upgrade. They will return an ECU with hardware and firmware upgrades as well as a TechEdge interface. The upgrade is free, but you'll pay shipping one way which is typically a smidge over $100.

Drop me a line sometime, I'd like to hear how things are going.

Jason,

You can send your ECU to Wolf for the upgrade. They will return an ECU with hardware and firmware upgrades as well as a TechEdge interface. The upgrade is free, but you'll pay shipping one way which is typically a smidge over $100.

Drop me a line sometime, I'd like to hear how things are going.

Sweet, As soon as I take my car down this summer for the uprgades I will send it out.

I'll give you a call this weekend, ok?

• 2 weeks later...

Digger, V2 came out in 2008 so you still have V1 as far as I know. The wideband unit they ship with V2, if you buy it, IS a Techedge unit and the wideband O2 sensor they provide is an LSU4.

I am using an Innovate LC-1 with an LSU4. Wolf V500 V2 does not ask for the model of wideband (Techedge, Innovate, AEM, etc.) but simply asks for the input channel for the 0-5v signal. You then set the calibration curve depending on your system. FOr instance, Innovate's LC-1 calibration is 0v = 7.35 AFR and 5v = 22.39 AFR.

Digger, V2 came out in 2008 so you still have V1 as far as I know. The wideband unit they ship with V2, if you buy it, IS a Techedge unit and the wideband O2 sensor they provide is an LSU4.

I am using an Innovate LC-1 with an LSU4. Wolf V500 V2 does not ask for the model of wideband (Techedge, Innovate, AEM, etc.) but simply asks for the input channel for the 0-5v signal. You then set the calibration curve depending on your system. For instance, Innovate's LC-1 calibration is 0v = 7.35 AFR and 5v = 22.39 AFR.

Thanks Bo

I only bought the techedge unit 2 weeks ago and they never mentioned a thing about upgrading. It looks like Ron and yourself are saying that they supply a techedge unit for free? Hopefully its not the same controller i just paid for!!

It looks like i'll have to give them a call and see what they say and if i need to send it to them its not too inconvenient for me i am only interstate.

Regarding sensor calibration curve did you just use one of the Aux inputs and associated input calibration table? There is a Lambda 1/2 in the sensor setup but the calibration is merely a single integer. So i am not sure where to put the voltage vs AFR calibration table/curve.

If you look at the new software that is provided with V2, the wideband sensor configuration simply asks which channel the 0-5 volts is located be it an AUXLS, Inject, Ignit, AUXHL, Lamba1/2. You then set the voltage calibration values and viola, you have wideband readings.

Give Wolf a call and see what arrangement they have for your situation. If you bought it a little while ago before they changed their website, you may have a strong case for a free upgrade.

If it is the same Techedge unit, you can return yours or sell theirs.

If you look at the new software that is provided with V2, the wideband sensor configuration simply asks which channel the 0-5 volts is located be it an AUXLS, Inject, Ignit, AUXHL, Lamba1/2. You then set the voltage calibration values and viola, you have wideband readings.

Give Wolf a call and see what arrangement they have for your situation. If you bought it a little while ago before they changed their website, you may have a strong case for a free upgrade.

If it is the same Techedge unit, you can return yours or sell theirs.

So does that mean the V2 has different software that is not yet on the website? Are there any other differences beside the WB issue?

So does that mean the V2 has different software that is not yet on the website? Are there any other differences beside the WB issue?

I really did not look at any other changes that they may have made. The software comes with V2 and is a different version than that which is on their website. They may have updated the software on their website, but I have not checked recently.

I really did not look at any other changes that they may have made. The software comes with V2 and is a different version than that which is on their website. They may have updated the software on their website, but I have not checked recently.

I spoke to Steve from Wolf and he said i don't need to upgrade the firmware unless i want to run two WB units or use a new function that can lock the Map so it can't be edited without entering a code. He said i should be able to log AFR with what i have and the latest verison of the software. He did email me the latest PC software V5.00.75 which has the modified WB setup features but is not on the website yet.

If anyone wants 5.00.75 that hasn't got it they can PM me their email.

• 1 month later...
I spoke to Steve from Wolf and he said i don't need to upgrade the firmware unless i want to run two WB units or use a new function that can lock the Map so it can't be edited without entering a code. He said i should be able to log AFR with what i have and the latest verison of the software. He did email me the latest PC software V5.00.75 which has the modified WB setup features but is not on the website yet.

If anyone wants 5.00.75 that hasn't got it they can PM me their email.

I got my techedge WB wired in and setup exactly as the guys at WOLF said but i don't get any AFR on my laptop and consequently can't log anything......i spoke to the WOLF support guys and now i am waiting for them to confirm that my firmware Rev5.02 doesn't have WB capabilities so i can send it in to be upgraded.

I have also noticed that my ENRICH always reads 0 on the laptop even though its enabled. The engine responds to changes when i alter the transients though. Anyone else had this problem?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I have also noticed that my ENRICH always reads 0 on the laptop even though its enabled. The engine responds to changes when i alter the transients though. Anyone else had this problem?

Digger,

I am using V-500, direct fit for the Z-32 VG30DETT on my ’93 N/A Z-32, VG30DE, firmware version 5.03, software version 5.00.74. My enrichment does show and indicate when enrichment is being added, no issues there.

I would like to play with the .75 software though. Anyone know what changes/bugs were fixed in the 5.00.75 software?

• 3 weeks later...

If Braap or anyone wants V75, or V77 Pm me your email.

I got my ECU back after upgrading the firmware to support WB but logging still doesn't work properly.

I am using V77 , when i look at the datalog tab on the v500 software the oxy1-V seems to vary erratically but the AFR1 is a constant at 16 so its not using the calibration function at all. Then when i open the file in Excel and it reads a constant 0 AFR1 and the OXYV1 are different from whats displayed within the wolf software and off what i think it should be for the AFR i am getting.

I have a digital gauge that came with the techedge that i know reads reasonable just it doesn't log anything, so i will know when the wolf is reading properly.

I haven't tried V75, V74 or V73 yet with my new firmware so thats the next step

• 2 months later...

help down under needed , i have a v500 firmware ver 5.03 and im trying to get a autometer wideband to connect , it has 0=10 to 4v=16 linier output and i just cant get the wolf to see it , running 5.00.75 software

thanks in advance from the newbie

ps:best wolf forum in the world , i know ive looked everywhere