HybridZ

Paris Roubaix, any Roadies out there?

MONZTER

So I am pretty happy today with the results of the Paris Roubaix

I am the Senior Design Engineer for a bike company called Felt Bicycles. Our team we sponsor, Team Slipstream were on some custom carbon frames I was responsible for. They normally ride production bikes that I designed a few years ago, but today’s were kinda special one off's built just for this race. For some of you who don’t know the race, it is the hardest race on equipment and many bikes fail due to the pounding of the cobblestone roads. So our team had a 4th place finish with no frame failures to speak of, here are some pics from this morning’s race.

It is simply amazing what we can do with carbon fiber these days.

MONZTER

http://www.velonews.com/article/74628/slipstream-s-maaskant-4th-into-roubaix

08Roubaix_Martijn_2.jpg

08Roubaix_Martijn_1.jpg

08Roubaix_Pack_3.jpg

08Roubaix_Maggie_1.jpg

when i was a cat 1, i had a couple of teamates that did the amature version of it. more power to them. one of my team mates had a felt bike, one of the first generation ones. light as f. but to much of a wet noodle for my style. i liked something stiffer. im sure it has gotten stiffer since i retired. now jim can charge more for the frame set:icon44:.

i remember racin against dean, vande veld, and zabriskie

congrats

jimbo

Yes the original F-Series bikes were made by Answer with Easton tubes. They were light and flexi. The new carbon frames are at 900gms and 50% stiffer while having better ride quality. And yes a frame and fork is expensive at 3500.00. who did you ride for?

i rode for plymouth. that was at the end and i got pissed off at all of the crap that goes with pro racing. whenever i had a bad race, i got yelled at, whenever i won, the coach took credit for. dominic malvestudo (coach) was not much of one. i was still in contact with kent bostic who i trained with every day in new mexico for 4 years and made my schedule with his. i rode a couple of races in the shaklee jersey riding for kent when the rest of the team was not there. did the kilington stage race with him and the old tour of the moon race. that course was in the crappy cycling movie american fliers. my first coach was in that movie as well. he was at the last stage getting one of the bikes off of the roof of the van. those were the days. i miss it sometimes but do not wish to hurt like that ever again. one of my team mates andrew miller, got me eating cold chef boyardee in the mornings of hilly stages because the raviolis were smooth going down and if need be smooth going up. worked for him, it was nasty but worked for me too.

jimbo