HybridZ

methanol 100-112 octane mix..

hoov100

heres an odd one(simple version below), im thinking of mixing methanol with 110 leaded gas and need to know what the final octane rating would be and would it do more bad then good? this is going on a race motor that has been built to run high octane leaded gas. also for my bike i mixed 2 gallons of 100 unleaded with 2.5 gallons of 91 pump gas. and i really suck with math, so can anybody lend there brain for this challenge? also what would be considered a good mix 10/90?

Well, stoichiometrically your going to have to figure that one out. Alky is like 6:1 and gas is like 11.5:1. Personally I wouldn't mix it, but inject it below the carb through a NOS spray nozzle system. Anything mixed over about 10% and your going to have to jet up. Alky does nasty things to carbs, pumps, fuel pressure regulators, etc. if used long term.

On my alky carbs (800 and 900 cfm) I typicaly jet about 150 square for sea level. Those size jets are friggin huge compared to a gast jet. Most people just run straight methanol and as a race fuel methanol is typically mixed with nitromethane.

so what about running it on a new EFI based motor?

Do a search, I'm sure I saw a thread where someone was injecting meth here on a FI motor. Said it worked awesome. A single large injector mounted in the intake near the TB would work great by cooling the intake charge, not to mention it's like 130 octane or so.