HybridZ

Gas prices are crazy! turbo biodiesel?

240zwannabe

i guess my next question would be...how would you wire the tank heater so oil didnt leak everywhere across the city?

My tank heater was installed in the tank I bought, and the wires run out the top with some fittings and rubber seal rings. Maybe the best idea is cut out the whol rear area and drop the stock tank. Then run a small 5 gallon cell and a large 15 gallon cell. You have to run all new fuel lines anyways so it might not be that much harder. That way you could run you tank heater wires out the top with no worries.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 600 for a nice ls28 is what I have seen on forums. Why not put in an izuzu turbo diesel motor? Might be a cool swap and you can sometimes find them real cheap in old refer units.

simply because of ease of installation. the only mod that i know of so far is elongating the bolt holes on the manifold and oil sump mod. if i am unaware of required mod please let me know. whats the deal on these izuzu motors anyway? it may not be a option to me as of right now but i'm interested to know something about them just in case plans do change.

simply because of ease of installation. the only mod that i know of so far is elongating the bolt holes on the manifold and oil sump mod. if i am unaware of required mod please let me know. whats the deal on these izuzu motors anyway? it may not be a option to me as of right now but i'm interested to know something about them just in case plans do change.

Just easier to find if you cant find an ld28. They are usually a 2.2 4 cylinder turbo and mate up to the izuzu pup/trooper 5 speeds.