HybridZ

T-56 shifter handle,pigtails

Guest chevsun

Guest chevsun

I recieved my T-56 today but it was minus the shifter handle and any pigtails does anyoue know where one might find these parts?

also there are 4 different electrical sockets one on the right and three on the left. One is just below and foreward of the shifter,another 1 below that, and one about 8 inches foreward of the shifter on the left. Left being drivers side. any help on this. I have the aluminum heads on,and just waiting on the Mcleod street twin setup then hopefully install this weekend barring malfunction. Thanks Steve

Yeah but I'm still slight confused as to what each part is - did we get a consensus? It does seem as if the skip shift thing can be ignored though - it needs juice to activate which is why they use a resistor to fool the computer when it's bypassed smile.gif

I suppose my question is - where to get the plugs for the various connectors? In my case I just need reverse lights and speedo'...

Oh for the shifter handle - I found that a handle from a Mustang slips right on. They sell a few of these aftermarket so maybe pick up one of those? Check Jegs, I think B&M has one in there otherwise try a Ford mag or two.

These are the Chevy Part #s. I assume their the same on the aftermarket as the stock. 12101857 is the brake light connector, 12085485 is the reverse. Also, unless this has been brought up, the reverse lock out is spring loaded. It can be "crashed" through with minimal effort if needed.

JS

[This message has been edited by John Scott (edited March 22, 2001).]

Guest Anonymous

Not sure how usefull this will be to anyone else, but in my application the vibration dampener on the shift handle shaft barely rubbed the console on the left side (1-2 shift gates). Not wanting to cut up the console, I looked to see if I could turn the handle around. The bottom of the vibration dampener fouled on the shifter shaft, by grinding a bit off the bottom of the vibration dampener I was able to just turn the handle around and it perfectly centers the handle in the middle of the console. I tightened and loctited it and its done. FWIW.

Lone

Thank you John! I will be headed to the GM dealer for those soon - much appreciated!

I'll let folks know if my Mustang handle rubs when I'm done. I'll use the stock shifter at first to see if it is okay before jumping right to a Pro 5.0 shifter...