HybridZ

Anyone see Forgetting Sarah Marshall?

xxjoeyxxeb

Occasionally funny movie. Very disjointed narrative structure, awkward edits throughout, some scenes made no damn sense at all...but there were 4 or 5 laugh out loud moments, I'll grant you that. Maybe I'm getting old but Judd Apatow's sense of humour just doesn't work for me.

I'll definitely watch this after it comes out on dvd. As far as Mila Kunis is concerned, every time I watch an episode of That 70's Show I have to check the date it was aired so I know if it's okay to check her out. Did you know when she started that show she was only 14?!?? Crazy..

Maybe you are too old in the mind... I think its best to watch movies like that and NOT pick it apart and just have a good time watching it.

I suggest when you post a thread with a subject like this one and voice your opinion on it that you leave personal remarks out of your comments on other people's differing opinion.

LARRY

Yes, group hug, handshake, high five. Didn't have to be taken that harshly.

I liked a lot of scenes...

-When the 3 guys are drinking at the bar and the newly-wed guy is talking about how dirty some sexual acts are.

-His crying bits

-The big Hawaiin dudes, pretty much anytime they were in the movie.

The preview movie with Seth Rogan seems pretty funny too. Anyone know if the guys from Super Troopers and Beerfest are making the Potfest movie they hinted to at the end of Beerfest?

I also watched Sweeny Todd the other night. For me, it was difficult hearing everything since it was a musical and the background music seemed kind of loud. But it got good about halfway through and was pretty well made.

I'm 58 years old, and have gotten up and left a grand total of 4 films because they were so poor; this was one of them.

My wife suggested going to it because it received a number of high ratings from "critics", including People magazine. That in itself should have been enough of a warning not to go.

Cinemark cheerfully refunded my admission, and said I wasn't the first adult who thought it was total cr*p. They said it apparently appeals more to younger viewers' sense of humor.

To each his own; this definitely wasn't my cup of tea.