HybridZ

FYI - I've successfully got Wolf pulling timing when the stock knock sensor detects

ktm

"knock", but for some reason it does not reset the timing back to original values. It successfully pulled 7 degrees of timing when my turbo let go last weekl. I have a Special Trim setup to pull increasing amounts of timing based on the magnitude of the input voltage.

I need to research the Special Trim feature a bit more and maybe call up Wolf to ask about the trims. It seems that once it engages the trim based on an input, it will not go back to the original MAP even if the special trim value is below the activation value.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Hmm.. Might have to play with this in the Z-32 using the OE knock sensor…

Maybe Hugh would be interested in having me do some of the port work labor on his P-90 in trade for some Knock sensor set up? :wink:

That is really cool. SOmeday I would like to get that to work on MSII but I have a TON of research to do before I try it. My 02 Subaru pulls timing and it won't reset until a lot of driving goes by, or I reset the ECU with a complex procedure. It's a pain. It's been that way since day one. Good luck figuring out how to get it back on the original timing map after a knock event. Keep us in the loop.

• 6 months later...

I found out why it was not resetting back to zero. The stock L28ET knock sensor is a 0-1v sliding scale. My knock sensor, when sensing "knock" (or anything resembling it), would spike to 1v and stay there. I determined this by logging the knock sensor with my Innovate LMA3 aux-box.