HybridZ

R200 install problems....

J Taylor

It's all going pretty straight forward. Pulled old r200 out, swapped flange that the driveshaft bolts to onto the LSD unit, started putting the LSD in the car. The fins won't let it bolt up all the way...they stick out too far(hitting on mustache bar?). ANyone else had this problem? I assume I'll need to swap to the plain non-LSD slick cover? Thanks for any help.

JT

------------------

1978 280z with 280zx turbo motor. Big turbo, big intercooler, and alotta boost. :) 8.4 @ 90 1/8 mile with a bad bad traction problem.

1994 Mustang Cobra with a few mods.....

http://turbotaylor.homestead.com/files/index.html

I wrote down the url for him, but I have no idea if he still produces the thing, or if he still has his site--use the search function: kaynor.net/v8-240z/

That is the correct spelling of his name; maybe just try kaynor.net and email him. Hope this helps!

David

http://www.kaynor.net/v8-240z/

Go for the brace. It's VERY nicely made and he was quite quick with shipping it. It's aluminum and heavy duty - even the hardware for it was impressive (IMO).

Nice pic btw - makes mine look like garbage - couldn't get a good shot. Hrm, need to send him my hangers back. DO pay attention to the leftright markings on the hangers he sends you - it makes a difference. My markings were lost at the powder shop and it took a few tries to get it all setup right.

P.S. Found out the size of the rear cover bolts! Metrix 8X1.25. Will be ordering stainless buttons for mine smile.gif If others are interested I might be willing to buy extra and polish them for a small fee..

Speaking of finned covers... If anyone has one in good shape I'd be interested in buying one. Mine's got a fin or two snapped off and I'd really like to have one that's in better shape. Purely for aesthetic reasons mind you smile.gif Bolted my cover on today but have yet to install the diff in the car. Fun Fun!

P.S. I painted the diff black. I think a better choice woould've been something liek a cast aluminum. I think it's looks weird with black and cast aluminum bolted together (shrug).