HybridZ

BRAAP I need a set of spark plug EDIS-6 to L28 motor

SidWell

• Administrators

Sidwell,

Plug wires, ESPECIALLY ones that will not give the Mega Squirt brain EMF headaches, just aren’t available for the FORD coil pack, or are hard to come by. Magnecor might, though I've not contacted them directly on that. Stay away from MSD, TAYLOR, ACCELL wires etc. Jacobs is the lowest ones I’d use, otherwise, NOLOGY or Magnecor are the ones to use.

The terminal connection issue you are experiencing is the main reason I went to the Chrysler coil pack. It has the same terminals as the GM HEI allowing more plug wire options. Also, the Chrysler coil pack has the same primary and secondary resistances as well, i.e. plays perfectly well with the EDIS system. Then I was able to source “quality” plug wires that the ECU would have NO issues regarding EMF. Also, be absolutely sure to use Resistor spark plugs as well.

Here is cut and paste from aontehr thread;

Finally brought home the Chrysler coil pack. It looks as though it will work just fine…

The Chrysler coil packs has what appears to be the GM HEI high Tension lug' date=' and if that is the case, this will allow the option of pretty much ANY manufacturer of spark plug wires at a very reasonable price. I’ve tried looking for nice wires for the Ford EDIS-6 with pretty much no luck.

Specs…

Primary resistance of the Ford coil packs was measured at .7-.9 ohm on my Fluke 87, (no idea why the range other than maybe the connector on the coil pack?). The Chrysler coil pack measured .7 ohms on all three coils, so electrically, it should work.

Also worthy of note is the back side of the Chrysler coil pack is FLAT, which makes mounting it in various locations that much easier than the Ford. When mounting the Ford Coil packs, try utilizing the OE mounting bracket the coil was mounted on in its donor vehicle, this will help tremendously. The Chrysler coil pack makes mounting it even that much easier.

Here are the are the pics…

[img']http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/BRAAPZ/EDIS/Ford_ChrysMedium.jpg[/img]

TopsSmall.jpg

BottomSmall.jpg

I did get the Chrysler coil pack mounted in the car today. It is mounted on the passenger strut tower. I utilized the Chrysler mounting bracket, only had to bend and twist the ear just a little and it essentially fits the car perfect for this location. I’m not overly happy with location from a cosmetic standpoint, but functionally it’s fine. I’d prefer it to be a little lower as it seems to over power the passenger side of the engine bay a bit “jutting” out as it does. Maybe next winter I’ll relocated the oil filters so that I can lower the coil pack. For now, this’ll have to do…

FrontMedium.jpg

In the picture below, you can barely make out the EDIS-6 module nestled under the fender in the upper right corner.

CoilMedium.jpg

Here is the wiring code for the Chrysler coil pack and its pig tail.

Chrysler6.jpg

Plugwires.jpg

Hope that helps,

Paul

BRAAP. Very nice. Very clean. You succeeded where I only came close. Now I need to start researching the configuration cause I know nothing about the Mopar coil packs and trigger mechanism. Back to the MS manuals once again.

30 minutes later.

Is there a wiring diagram that shows how the Mopar coil pack is attached to a Ford EDIS module? Am I missing the boat here? Do I need to start over with a complete Mopar system?

EDIS_6_MS.jpg

Are coils B & C reversed like they are on the Ford coil pack?