HybridZ

EDIS6 ignitor to Chrysler coil pack schematic

SidWell

Is there a wiring diagram that shows how the Mopar coil pack is attached to a Ford EDIS module? Am I missing the boat here? Do I need to start over with a complete Mopar system?

Are coils B & C reversed like they are on the Ford coil pack?

EDIS_6_MS.jpg

• Administrators

If you are going to use the Chrysler coil pack, be sure you get the connector with some amount of length in wiring as well.

No need to go back re read anything. If you got your EDIS-6 up and running already, swapping out a Chrysler coil pack is like changing spark plugs. A NO BRAINER!!! The coil packs are DUMB! No electronics in the coil packs them selves. They are nothing more than 3 ignition coils, bundled in one package, each coil feeds 2 cylinders.

This part is actually very easy, once you keep in mind the Datsun firing order, and the trigger sequence of the EDIS module, after that, it just matter of what coil you want to fire what cylinders. It really is, just that easy. Especially if you already have the engine up and running on EDIS.

1) The Datsun cylinders that are paired and will be “sharing” a coil are 1-6, 2-5, 3-4.

2) EDIS-6 triggers the coil in this sequence A-C-B

3) Trigger A for cylinders 1/6, Trigger C for cylinders 2/5, Trigger B for cylinders 3/4.

4) Now it is just a matter of which coil you want to feed what cylinder, (based on your preference for plug wire routing, etc) and splice the Chrysler coil pack pig tail to the EDIS wiring accordingly.

EDIS-6 wiring diagram;

EDIS_6_MS.jpg

EDIS-6 triggering sequence;

EDIS-6Firingorder.gif

In this picture, you can see the Chrysler pigtail with the BLACK, RED, and WHITE wires. Note the painted colored squares on the side of the coil pack.

Chrysler6.jpg

I ran down to the local pic yr part on Beach blvd and pick up a nice clean coil and a connector with about a foot of wire harness.

So the red wire fires coils 3/6, the black wire fires coils 1/4, and the white wire fires coils 2/5 as they are labled on the coil pack. Got it. I'll make the change this weekend. Thanks a lot Paul.

And no more cross postings. :)