HybridZ

94-later t5?

fl327

hey guys whats going on. i was wondering if any of you guys are running a 94-up five speed from a camaro or firebird in your z's

im reallly interested in a five speed, i need that extra gear for freeway cruising and wondering what needs to be done to mate a

1967 sbc to one of those t-5's. looked all over they want too much for a six speed man!!!!

THANK_Z

fairlady 327

project wangan 01'

The 94 and up camaro 5sp's out from behind the v6 are a real oddball... the input shaft is an inch longer and the trans to belhousing is a ford pattern. they are still tilted like the previous years but wont work the same. Since this trans only came behind the v6 and teh belhousing is different it will be very difficult to adapt. They are a world class t5 but you would be better off finding a setup out of a 88-92 v8 camaro... most of the wrecking yards know this and the v8 trans are a preimum.....Good luck but if you are going to spend the money t56's seem easier to find...

------------------

Remember it is only a piece of metal.

Hey Fairlady, DavyZ is right up to speed. I drove 2 1/2 hrs. to GM sport salvage to get mine. $750 included everything. Make sure you tell him what you are doing so you can get the whole package. When I got home I found the slave cylinder was cracked. One phone call, they sent me a NEW one, not a yard part.

Another note: Mine came out of a '91 Firebird 305 TBI and has the .62 overdrive.

i know davy , i know. i love the four speed because it makes me feel like steve mcqueen

but steve didnt have to pay two bucks a gallon did he??? being on the freeway sounding like nascar but going no where is also a pet peeve of mine too, overdrive for me please.... ricer cheapo mods are going on very very soon, wangan midnite is gonna have to look to me for inspiration, and i put that on the dog! look out for the hong kong liscence plates front and back with the american one over the back one, what now, what?

gm sport salvage, i just got the number, yo i gotta holla at dem do.