HybridZ

Picked up the new Z Saturday

Gollum

For those that didn't see my thread before, this car was FREE. Can't beat that right? You're gonna think that it must be ugly right? Nope, not at all (unless you don't like the S130 body lines). Well it must not run right? Nope, I drove it home.

What's the catch? The previous owner thought it wasn't running right and was only running on 4 strong cylinders and was thinking compression was low on two cylinders for whatever reason. When we fired her up he said "you know... it sounds better now than it ever did before" so I guess the car just likes me.

You can check out all the pictures I took at my photoalbum here:

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b346/Gollumandsmeagol/280ZX/

So here's some of the highlight photos:

A random sign at the house I picked it up at

280ZX_016.jpg

The engine bay as I found it

280ZX_015.jpg

Some walk around pictures of the car after I washed it

280ZX_004.jpg

280ZX_005.jpg

280ZX_007.jpg

280ZX_009.jpg

280ZX_011.jpg

Overall she drives great. I'd forgotten how silent these cars were, and it's way quieter still than any of the S130 cars I've owned still. The wind noise is way lower than I ever remembered it being, and overall it feels like I'm driving a new car. The seals must be in great shape.

The paint seems fairly new and it was VERY well done. Whole engine bay has been painted and I can't find a bad masking job anywhere. Maybe they replaced all the seals when the did the paint job, thus explaining the uber quiet ride noise.

This one's going to be really hard to let go guys...