HybridZ

t56 weight?

Guest brad

how about the wct5?

reason I'm asking, I'm looking for a cheapo engine/tranny hoist and I'm wondering what's the worst in terms of capacity I would need.

one more - anybody got a cheap source for hoists?

how about the wct5?

reason I'm asking, I'm looking for a cheapo engine/tranny hoist and I'm wondering what's the worst in terms of capacity I would need.

one more - anybody got a cheap source for hoists?

Guest Anonymous

120-125 lbs sounds about right from when I lifted my T56 out of my truck to the ground. Its nothing you want to schlep around very far thats for sure (if you do you'll make faces like this: icon_mad.gif ). Judging by the case and the fewer gears in the T5, I'd guestimate probably 85-90 lbs.

Regards,

Lone

Brad,

Not sure what you have in the way of commerce there in Ashevill; as far as engine hoist & stands go-look for a "Harbor Freight" a "Northern Hydraulic" or go to your nearest "Sams". Usually the Harbor Freight & Northern Hydraulics will have a "Lowest Price Gaurantees" & you can play each one against the other for a lowest price gaurantee!

Not sure but I think all Northern Hydraulic stores now go by "Northern".

Dont get to cheap of an engine stand-I'ver heard stories about the cheap one's colapsing under the weight...I'ld opt for the slightly more expensive engine stand/as for the hoist-they're usually pretty close in capacity unless you're pulling Cummins & Catapillar engines icon_eek.gif

One consideration on the hoist; make sure you get one w/adjustable length legs. Some times on my hoist when I have to extend picker part of the hoist-the rear wheels at the base will begin to lift....luckily my legs on my hoist extend & the balance is restored: just FYI.

Kevin,

Yea,Still an Inliner)

[ April 27, 2001: Message edited by: Kevin Shasteen ]

Guest Jason

Check the big online vehicle replacement parts dealers for engine hoists. I got mine for under $200 shipped UPS after using a 15% off coupon.