HybridZ

Autometer Gauge Help

Well, I'm going to be putting in a RB25DET NEO engine in my 75 280Z. I was wondering what Speedo gauge should i get? Mechanical or Electrical? Also, what fuel gauge should i get? I have searched and so far have found out that i would need to so is calibrate the gauge other wise it will read backwards. I will be getting the Sport Comp series just in case you are wondering. I'm goin to order these gauges today if i can get the answer i'm looking for. Thanks

I used all electrical gauges when I did my swap, although it's a different drivetrain. I think it comes down to personal preference and what options you have to work with. If your transmission has an electrical VSS sending unit then I would get an electric speedo.

Also, you need to remember the sending unit range of the stock Z fuel level sending unit. I used this thread to help me choose mine:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=127605&referrerid=15552

Hope my rambling helped a bit.

I'll be might be getting the pro comp....looks to nice to pass up. thanks for the help so far. Keep it coming....I want my gauges lol

*Update*

Just checked out www.jegs.com best prices free shipping but they charge handling. Tach, Boost, Water Temp, Fuel all for 296 shipped. i will be making my purchase here...Now just gotta find out if the RB25DET NEO tranny has a vss. Woot

Hey timbo1jz is your fuel cell inside the car or where the original is outside? I was thinking about a fuel cell but couldn't find one that goes where the original one went

So, here is what i found out....The RB25DET NEO tranny has an electric pulse type VSS so theoretically i can use the electric speedo. However, the issue i have found but not confirmed is that the NEO tranny uses a push type tranny and i need a pull type? Or it can be the other way around not to sure i forgot lol. Can anyone confirm this?