HybridZ

Configuring EDIS 36 tooth problem in Megatune 2.25

SidWell

While trying to configure my ms in Megatune 2.25p3 with code version 2.884 I run into a problem as soon as I select the Advanced Ignition Options and set 36 for the Trigger Wheel Teeth. On the Megatune screen the Engine Speed indicator goes to red and all the gages stop functioning. INJ1 and INJ2 Leds stop flashing as well. I have tried to make the change with the RPM under 300 and with the stimulator shut down. As soon as the stimulaor is powered up, I get the same issue. Does any body have any ideas?

MegaTune1a_thumb.jpg

I thought once you had selected the EDIS option in ignition settings you didn't have to mess with toothed wheel settings

Precisely. When you are using an EDIS setup, the Megasquirt never "sees" the signal from the toothed wheel. Set the trigger teeth number to zero.

OK. So much for over thinking and being too literal. I guess I must have missed that line in the instructions. It all worked very well when the setting was zero so I will set it back and go from there. Datman and Matt: Thank you very much. :D