Piecing togethor my system, sanity check please

Flexicoker

From DIY Auto Tune:

MS230-K $247 Megasquirt-II kit with V3.0 PCB

MSStim22-K $45 Stimulator kit

MSRelay-K $64 Relay board kit

MSRelayCable $70 Megasquirt to relay board cable

LC-1 without gauge $199

I'm putting an L28E in my 240z, the engine is complete with injectors, sensors, etc.

Other things:

Fuel Pump

240sx throttle body (the preferred method of getting a potentiometer TPS?)

GM temp sensors

random wire, or possible the DIY bundle to connect my engine to the relay board

Laptop

Serial cable or USB-converter depending on laptop

Am I missing anything? I am assuming that the existing MAP sensor will work and that the stock fuel pressure regulator will be ok (and that it still has the stock MAP sensor). I don't plan on doing anything fancy at the moment, just make this thing run reliably and efficiently, but I'd like to have the option of going distributorless, turbo, and flex-fuel in the future.

In this article:

http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_articles/how_to_megasquirt_your_280zx_turbo.htm

They're connecting the stock distributor to the ECU, does this mean the timing on the stock distributor can be adjusted through MS? Or are they using it as an RPM signal?

Thanks,

Eric

The MAP sensor is inside the megasquirt box. You just run a vacuum line to it so your covered there.

In that article they are using the 82-83 style 280zx turbo dizzy which means you must control the timing with the megasquirt box because that dizzy does not provide any mechaincal timing adjustment. It is made for computer timing control so it works perfect with megasquirt.

easy therm allows you to use the stock CHTS but you'll need an IAT the GM one is popular, and as moby pointed out the map sensor is on board for the assymbled kits and there is no stock MAP on the Z's

and you can still run the n/a distributor but the wiring and setting will be a bit different