HybridZ

Anyone using the new(?) Logworks3 Beta2 from Innovate? (56k beware)

hughdogz

I've been frustrated using Logworks2. I tried to create user charts to calculate corrected injector opening times based on current injector opening times, target AFR and Actual AFR.

My problem was, after I would create all the charts, enter the formulas, save settings, blah, blah, I couldn't figure out why my settings weren't saving! Ugh! :banghead::willy_nil

I went on Innovate's forum and discovered that they have a Logworks3 Beta_2 available for download. :-PI didn't even have to uninstall my Logworks2.

What I noticed first off is an enhanced user interface:

• Different skins
  • Max / min markers on gauges
  • Common commands are added as toolbuttons
  • And get this, a Template Manager!! :cheers:

Now I can finally save my user defined charts. I was using Logworks2, MS-Excel and the Wolf3D interface to tune my fuel map charts. Now at least I don't need Excel. :ass:

Here are some screen captures so you know what I'm talking about:

playback.jpg

Template Manager:

template_manager.jpg

Here are some of my user charts that use formulas to calculate other user charts (this is the actual AFR table shown):

2D_AFR_table.jpg

What is really nice about the user-defined formulas (macros?) is that you can add a qualifer. Say that you only want calculations if the number of data points is greater than 20. This will ignore those "oddball" data points!! :rockon:

I'm still pretty rough in my maps, but here are some chart examples:

(current inj open time when AFR's were recorded)

current_map.jpg

My target AFR map:

target_AFR.jpg

Corrected (automatically calculated by formula) injector open time:

new_map.jpg

Just for kicks, I wanted to see how far off I was in milliseconds for injector open time:

delta_inj_open_time.jpg

Here is the same chart as above, only in percentage difference:

percent_delta_inj_open_time.jpg

Some other useful charts that you can create that haven't changed much from Logworks2 (3D surface plot):

3D_map.jpg

xy_chart.jpg

scatter_plot.jpg

There's still a few bugs in LW3 that I noticed (not all user defined formulas show up). In general, I like it MUCH better than LW2.

Just thought I'd let you guys know about the improvements. Sorry if this was a repost.

Cheers, -hughdogz