HybridZ

now im getting desperate

ok, so i just swapped an L26 into my 73 240 and thats turning out to be easy part.

the clutch wasnt alighned when i put it in so im trying to drop the trans to i can fix it. the drive shaft is off and everything is unbolted but i cant for the life of me get the tranny to slide back and off. :willy_nil

is there some trick im missing? :cry: i need some Z god help.

-Just make sure you didn't miss any bolts

-Make sure it is supported well so you don't get hurt or hurt the trans

Suggested Methods

-Wigle the tail of trans (closest to the drive shaft input) vigoroursly and pull

-Use a pry bar if you can between block and the trans

-All else fails use a come along to pull it out

Something like this:

cvfsupplyco-store_1993_26780321

the rear mount is off and its far enough from the block that i can see the fly wheel and part of the clutch so im pretty sure i got all the bolts

so far iv been prying it and i looped some metal bailing wire threw the holes on the rear mount and giving it some good yanks. im gonna get another set of hands tomorrow and give it another try.

:cool: Make sure you have a chain holding up the rear of the engine before removing the transmission. I use to lay under the trans and lift up and out with it, then lower it to the ground. It may be hard to pull apart if it is binding. Make sure the trans is in line with the engine block as you pull it out. Good Luck, Rich.