HybridZ

Half shafts

alsil

Ding Ding Ding Ding

Found the problem. My driver's side outer u-joint is bad. Thing's clunking when I get on and clunking when I let off. thought my driveshaft was loose! It was so bad that all 4 bolts that hold the half shaft to the companion flange loosened! Ouch! icon_eek.gif

Well, that solves that mystery!

Al

Guest Anonymous

Al,

If you need halfshafts I got a set, thats been sitting on the side for awhile, they are from a R200 3.36 diff I sold long time ago. You can have them for 100 bucks!

But for you, I'll give them to you free, just drop me a e-mail at Yuichi@Zdriver.com and your welcome to pick them up if you want icon_wink.gif

zya

Yuichi

Zdriver.com

Heh Al, good thing you caught it now! I had a half-shaft U-joint go on me last week, luckily I was stopped when it happened. (inboard joint too, would have made a real mess at speed) Looked to me like the snap ring just fell off, then the joint fell apart. icon_rolleyes.gif Definately not from burnouts. icon_biggrin.gif

Al,

I missed this whole thread...Sorry not to respond sooner... I had four half shafts, one set came off my car and one set came of a car I parted out... I gave Jamie T one set, and kept one set as a backup... So what I'm saying here is this... IF yours are indeed the same size, I can exchange one of them, since Jamie is going to need it. Also, if you have a bad u-joint, you have the ones off the parts car, because Mine had new spicer units in them... And though they had been hammered a bit, were still tight when I took them off the car... Let me know if I can help or if you need to swap an axle.

Mike Kelly icon_biggrin.gif

Yea, it sounds as if I have a broken Diff mount when I hit the gas! icon_eek.gif Scary!

That's ok, I think this piece of crap motor I bought is now dying on me. when it warms up, it starts to stall and I have to keep my foot on the gas. It backfired on the way to work a few times, and I barely made it. I guess that's what I get for buying a used motor. either the timing chain is messed up or the distributor advance is not working. I have not been able to get this to run right no matter what I have done, so I guess I was running on borrowed time. Oh well, gives me time to sort out the half shaft problem.

Thanks for everyone's help and input!!!

AL