HybridZ

Mystery connection

Six_Shooter

I have not been able to locate in the wiring diagrams what this part is or where the wires leading to it may be going.

Here is a pic:

mystery%20connection.JPG

It is located on the driver side of the automatic tranny that came out of my 1973 240Z.

There is an L28 in there, but I'm sure this is the original tranny and the wires leading to this are definatly in the original wiring harness.

Is this at all related to the switch above my gas pedal?

Thanks

:)

No, the NSS/reverse light switch is on the passenger side of the tranny.

Both wires are black.

I'd like to find out where they go, becauxse I could then use them for other functions, without running new wires. I run wires in vehicles for a living the less time I spend doing that on my own rides the better. ;)

It looks like some sort of solenoid.

I'll have to look in the fiche to see if anything is mentioned there, but I lost ALL of that when my last laptop died, even the links to get them.

I have both wires showing as black coming from what is described as the KD Solenoid. I imagine the one wire would have been routed to what is shown as the KD Switch, which to me would logically be activated by the gas pedal. KD = Kick Down. That's the only thing it could be since you ruled out Park/Neutral/Reverse. If you want I'll email the schematic.

I have both wires showing as black coming from what is described as the KD Solenoid. I imagine the one wire would have been routed to what is shown as the KD Switch, which to me would logically be activated by the gas pedal. KD = Kick Down. That's the only thing it could be since you ruled out Park/Neutral/Reverse. If you want I'll email the schematic.

That would be great, check your PMs