HybridZ

Engine removal

I am getting close to removing my LS1 from our GTO and putting it on a pallet until I am ready for it to be put into my Z, and I have a quick noobie question. Are these the holes that I am supposed to bolt into to pull the engine from the car?

Front left side of engine

0521080035.jpg

Back right side

0521080035a.jpg

My engine had lifting eyes on it out of the factory. They are bolted left front and right rear and uitlize one head bolt and at least one or two other bolts on the engine. I don't know that I would just use one bolt in an aluminum head.

Mike

I agree, this is what I did, may not be perfect, but it worked. I ran a chain across to both heads in the front and rear, and then picked it up in the middle. It gave me four monting bolts to distribute the weight. In addition, I used ratcheting strape to the tail of the T56 to level it front to rear and adjust angel to clear frame. I have pictures if you want them. Send me your e-mail as I cant attach them to this reply, I dont think.