HybridZ

Oilpan for Rb25det question

zigen9

Hi guys, I did the search before i ask this question. I've done a rb25det swap to my 280z. Apparently, my car is lowered...and my oilpan is kinda close to the ground (approx. 3-4"). Any solution for it? My friends suggestion was to put a x brace at the bottom (he drive a S2k, i'm not sure if s30 has something like that.) I hope you guys can give me your suggestion for this problem.

Thanks, Dave

I've got the same problem. There is no real solution except raising the car. My car had 14 inch wheels on it and the pan was only 2 inches from the ground. I put a set of 16's on it and got a little more clearance. You could raise the car back up but I refuse to as it looks too good slammed.

Brandon

Hi guys, I did the search before i ask this question. I've done a rb25det swap to my 280z. Apparently, my car is lowered...and my oilpan is kinda close to the ground (approx. 3-4"). Any solution for it? My friends suggestion was to put a x brace at the bottom (he drive a S2k, i'm not sure if s30 has something like that.) I hope you guys can give me your suggestion for this problem.

Thanks, Dave

can you raise it in the engine bay by an inch or so?,there should be lots of room if you have a forward facing plenum instead of the standard one that has a crossover over the cam covers

Thank you for the reply guys. I'm having a 15" wheels for now. But I'm planning to change it to 16" (cuz i need to install AZ brakes). I'm not sure if i can riase the engine by an inch, the amount of space to raise my motor up is very tight, if i actually do that, I don't think I can close the hood. My idea now is to put a sheet of meter underneath the oil pan, so if it scarp, I won't damage the oilpan, any other suggestion guys?

a sheet of metal won't do a thing for you.

you need to make a small gussetted box to surround the pan. a sheet of metal will just move into the oil pan and push it in together.

you have to box in the pan with some plate, not sheet. It's much more economical and practical to figure out a way to raise the engine if you ask me.

the 16's will add an inch to your height anyway, and just run a thicker tire.

BTW Careless. Where do u tune your RB motor? I'm currently running into problems that my motor is running so rich....Back fires a lot...>< I'm worry that my motor is gonna die...I still haven't enjoy my car yet....Any suggestion where I can get a reliable person that can give me some advise....After the swap....I really haven't drive out my car....the car is A/F ratio is not right...many other problems....If you can also give me any other suggestion...I would be much appreciated....

Hi,

my motor is in pieces on the floor. LOL. What are some details about your motor?

I see you only have 8 posts. Perhaps you should start a thread about your build and put more info down so people can see what you're upto, if you like.

=)