HybridZ

My 71 240z Project

Well just bought this Z a few days ago and already have some items on order. Im going to start off with suspension, brakes, and interior work before I decide what to do under the hood. I will add pictures and info along the way but heres a few shots of her in the garage.

Front strut tower bar and front sway bar bushings are on the way.

P1010025-1.jpg

P1010025.jpg

P1010027-1.jpg

P1010023-1.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Motor is in and its nearly complete. Just need to finish up the wiring and put her on the dyno. Camera ran out of batteries so Ill have more pics up tomorrow. Turned out to be alot easier than expected. Using only custom motor mounts in the front we were able to use the stock trans mount aswell as the stock driveshaft, which saved big money. Its been about a day and a half and it's a few hours from being completed.

Here we go. Motor is in and everythings working and in order. Just some more wiring to finish up and then its on to suspension and wheels/tires. The dyno compares both motors and with some tuning and the exhaust hooked up I should be in the 180whp range and 160 or so tq. Power feels good and sounds insane to say the least with an open header. Exhaust will be done monday.

adamrbz_copy.jpg

P10100231.JPG

P10100242.JPG

P10100251.JPG

Shifter is more forward and had to modify the center console a bit

P10100302.JPG

P10100363.JPG

P1010037.JPG

p10100412.JPG

P10100442.JPG

• 2 weeks later...