HybridZ

Update on my LS1 Z.

The last post I had I was telling you guys about my clutch problems and suspension worries. Last week, I pulled the tranny out to find a very very burnt up clutch. Take a look at the pics:

Ebay_050.jpg

Ebay_052.jpg

I had the flywheel resurfaced and put in a brand new clutch and pressure plate. The slave wasn't leaking and the throw out bearing was fine. I believe the clutch went out at 4k miles due to the burn outs and slipping the clutch when I first put it together. I read the directions this time about break in and they say break in period should be 500-1000 miles of "normal" driving. :-)

Clutch catch point is about an inch from the floor and everything feels good now. I am in the process of the break in period and will let you guys know if it makes it the distance this time. This is the RAM HD clutch set I am speaking of. So problem one solved and done.

Suspension. I bought new 5-way adjustable from John Coffey, MSA sway bars and poly rear bushings. HUGE HUGE HUGE difference in the car. Honestly I have to relearn how to drive it! These parts installed with new tires 245/35/17 Toyo Proxies makes the car handle and drive very smoothly. I also believe the new front diff mount for the Q45 made a difference in my DS angle which cut down on the vibrations. Overall I am very happy with the money spent. I have not installed the rear sway bar yet. I am from the school of thought, that I install one part at a time to understand the difference it makes. My front rotors need to be cut due to time down at the last convention. Right now I have the ride height at 6.5" front and 6.75" rear which seems to work great....info from JohnC. I am still getting a little bit of tire rub in the rear but there are some really bumpy roads around here.

So while the car was down I decided to change the oil, 5 and half quarts of synthetic oil. Started the car up and boom....oil spilling everywhere and oil shooting from the back of the motor! When I took the tranny out, the engine leaned back and the oil pressure sending unit hit the fire wall. The brass fitting snapped hence the oil mess all over the floor, engine bay and ceiling of the shop. Not a problem because I bought 2 fittings when I was putting the car together. Got her fitted back up and filled with oil, no problems!

Next item on the block for my car is, cleaning up the wiring! SCARED!!!!