HybridZ

5.25" Front Back Spacing - rub?

I have heard of people using 5.25" back spacing on the front wheels of 240z's. This would be say zero offset on a 9.5" wide wheel. Out of curiosity, how does one achieve this with out rubbing the T/C rod or frame at full lock? Any insight would be great. :)

Are there some type of steering limiters available?

You will rub the frame and/or the TC rod at full lock. If that worries you, put rack stops on the steering rack.

EDIT: I've used two piece shaft collars as rack stops. Go to McMaster-Carr and search on "Shaft Collar". You'll need the OD of the rack.

You will rub the frame and/or the TC rod at full lock. If that worries you, put rack stops on the steering rack.

EDIT: I've used two piece shaft collars as rack stops. Go to McMaster-Carr and search on "Shaft Collar". You'll need the OD of the rack.

Thank you for the insight!

I kept hearing people suggesting 5.25" BS and such and I just couldn't seem to figure it out. I honestly don't care about sacrificing some lock, but I do care about it rubbing. I will look into the shaft collars.