HybridZ

cheapest DIS coil pack setup

Looking to fix the Z and go with some coil packs and a trigger wheel.

I was thinking about using the DIYautotune trigger wheel and spacer, sourcing a pickup from some spare parts I have.

Looking at using coil pack from a ford taurus SHO or possibly the older style "prong" coil packs. Probably going to source off ebay. are the SHO packs pretty reliable?

Is this the easiest cheapest route to go?

-Ed

Get a ford EDIS setup going from a ford Explorer, and get a Megajolt jr. from Autosport labs. Total cost for parts can be a low as 175$ for a full distributorless system on a carbed car, AND it's tunable similar to megasquirt.

This is how I plan to do mine, after i get the engine built and running on a dizzy.

***EDIT***

Since you are already running megasquirt, the cost comes down to around 50-75$ for parts, maybe a little more for machining the crank trigger stuff.

Thanks for the Tip, I'm a little confused though, it appears I have to get an EDIS module, however I don't understand why, can't I use my V3 board to trigger the Ignition pack?

You sure can. It'll just need the Extra code and some internal mods to add coil drivers.