HybridZ

nasty slamming sound....

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

after i bought the Z this weekend, i noticed that when you shift hard or accelerate hard, there's a loud THUMP from the rear of the car. the guy said it was missing bushings that were the culprit, and that the noise was the r200 smacking the moustache bar. is this correct, or is there another explanation? thanks.

dan

Guest Anonymous

I think Terry's probably right, first time I heard mine do that I thought I ran over somebody and they were bouncing off the floorpan. It probably is the front mount, thats why Nissan put that little 'security' strap on the front mount, doesn't work, but it looks good. icon_smile.gif

Either replace the bushings and put some sort of real security strap (JTR does it with just vinyl wrapped cable wound around the front of the diff and mount and it works fine according to them), or get some solid mounts and live with a bit of noise. I'm cabling mine real soon.

Regards,

Lone

Scottie's solution looks the best (factory looking) and won't ever loosen up. A primo example is on his web site. The JTR method would be ok for most street use and I'd personally stay away from solid mounts for street use. I think the combination of functionality and asthetics make the Scottie solution the best.

Hows that for a plug, Scottie? icon_biggrin.gif

Davy