HybridZ

no tach signal?

linchpin360

hey, i just put my MS, Relay Board, and MSD in. the only relay on my board that turns on is the main. the fp and fidle relays do nothing. my MS isnt powering on. im getting very frustrated with this and have no idea what to do. any ideas what my problem is? thanks in advance.

Before the tach signal comes into play you should hear the fuel pump run at initial power up of the MS(for couple seconds). Do any of the three LEDs light up? Does megatune connect to the MS? You may have to measure for 12 volts on the power regulator of the MS board to make sure it is getting that far.

Before the tach signal comes into play you should hear the fuel pump run at initial power up of the MS(for couple seconds). Do any of the three LEDs light up? Does megatune connect to the MS? You may have to measure for 12 volts on the power regulator of the MS board to make sure it is getting that far.

my stock fp turns on. my msd pump doesnt as its wired into the relay board. none of the leds light up at all. i still need to get a comp that has a true db9 port. i should probably mention that i didnt build this unit. i bought this from badjuju on this forum. im thinkin i should probably just go out and get another and assemble it myself.

BTW i used your write up to wire my car. it was very useful. thanks.

why do you have 2 fuel pumps? and what is triggering the stock pump if it's not wired to MS and there is no stock MAF and ECU?

i have 2 pumps because i plan to run a ridiculous amount of boost when i forge and stroke my motor this winter. i also upgraded my turbo, injetors, and fpr. i left the stock pump in its place. the msd is in the engine bay. all of the the stock wiring is in place aside from the engine harness. the stock fp is powered by a relay when the key is turned. the stock pump has nothing to do with the stock ecu or maf. corret me if im wrong.

if you plan to make so much power that the MSD pump alone can't keep up then the stock pump and plumbing is going to be a restriction, assuming you're running the same MSD pump that I am which will support over 600 hp IIRC, and if you were to run them paralell wouldn't it still make more sence to trigger them both in the same way?

i think im going to order a new board and a stim board. i dont trust this ecu. i called the dude about the ms not powering on and left a v-mail, he never got back to me. he sold me his "intercooler piping" and it ended up being a ghetto mangled jacked up piece of aluminum piping coupled to the stock j-pipe to fit his 60mm tb. there was no intercooler involved at all. and theres more. i got ripped off something fierce.

i think im going to order a new board and a stim board. i dont trust this ecu. i called the dude about the ms not powering on and left a v-mail, he never got back to me. he sold me his "intercooler piping" and it ended up being a ghetto mangled jacked up piece of aluminum piping coupled to the stock j-pipe to fit his 60mm tb. there was no intercooler involved at all. and theres more. i got ripped off something fierce.

send the old ecu to me if you don't want it. I'll pay for shipping.. :)