HybridZ

Question on this motor, builder?

73'Z

Does this guy AL have a good reputation on the motors he sells? When your about to unload $4000 on a motor sometimes it's good to have feedback to know i'm heading in the right direction!!

Thanks!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories___DATSUN-Z-240Z-280Z-L28-N42-REBUILT-ENGINE-MOTOR-HEAD_W0QQitemZ160245667783QQddnZPartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQddiZ2811QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160245667783&

Just bought a head from him. He does good business and makes powerful motors. I've talked to him on the phone several times and although he seems pushy and kind of rude its because thats his business and he has customers to take care of rather than talking to me about my motor build. His feedback is phenomenal and everyone says his motors are great. He's sold a 320hp stroker for $3500 or something, beats Rebello prices if you ask me. If you feel that the motor is worth that much then buy it. Only reason why I don't send my parts over to him so he can build a kick ass stroker is shipping costs.:flamedevi

Does this guy AL have a good reputation on the motors he sells? When your about to unload $4000 on a motor sometimes it's good to have feedback to know i'm heading in the right direction!!

Thanks!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories___DATSUN-Z-240Z-280Z-L28-N42-REBUILT-ENGINE-MOTOR-HEAD_W0QQitemZ160245667783QQddnZPartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQddiZ2811QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160245667783&

Look elsewhere. I bought a V07 crank from him while I was in Iraq the first time. Got back and found he had shipped me a standard l28 crank with the part numbers worn off. He said he had only one crank he thought was a V07 and that if it wasn't then someone else sold him a bad crank and there was nothing he could do about.

You could learn how to build your own engine. Honestly building a good engine shouldn't be too hard as long as you quintuple check all tolerances and have a reputable machine shop do your machining.

then again, not many people are up to the task of building their own engine.

I say the same thing. I looked at his motor and Rebello's motors and I sat down to think about what they did. I came up with:

Good flowing head

Good induction

Correct cam

Lightened flywheel (doesn't affect power but helps with rpms)

Correct exhaust flow

High compression but not necesarily 12:1 or anything. Rebello has motors running on 92 octane or whatever it is and they're making 300+hp

Properly tuned

Keep it that motor COOL

Thats about it. I went out and bought all the necessary things to achieve this, now I just need to put it together but for some reason I don't see myself making a 300+hp monster. I didn't go proper on the cam, Rebello uses custom cams and I'm just using .495/290 but its close.

You pay a lot when you don't do it yourself...