HybridZ

U joint destroyed

AlwaysBroke

Ok, well I broke my car again. Or as I call it "Systematically improving my car through the exploitation of weak points."

I dropped the clutch off line, for the first time since blowing up my old R180, and my u-joint at the Diff. After taking a closer look at it I noticed that the whole yoke was twerked, and two sides of the joint were severed off. Now the front one is fine as it was off the blazer that I got the motor out of, but I would like to get a larger one for the rear. Does anyone make any larger yokes and u-joints that will mount up to an R200?

thanks for any help

Nick

1974 260z with Chevy 4.3L V6

AlwaysBroke,

The JTR rear adapter yoke will work if you are using the stock Datsun front diff mounts.

But if you have lowered the front of the diff for better driveline angles, etc., and have a big rear swaybar, you will run into clearance issues.

You can lower the front swaybar mounts, or go to a rear mount swaybar setup; there is much information posted about this here.

Also, if you got a rectangular style pinion flange yoke, make sure you mesaure the bolt pattern and center ID before ordering the flange from JTR.

Good Luck