HybridZ

supplies?

okay, im gonna be shipping out here soon for Parris island and i figured this could very well be the last couple of weeks i spend with my precious Z before my dad hogs it (or should i say, "takes care of it") for the 3 months im gone, and since ive talked about it so much i decided to start stockpiling the parts for a supercharged vg30(e) build, and i need to know where to get the following parts the easiest since so few junkyards have the vg30e® motor lying around:

1.the supercharger, of course, not toooo hard, but still...

2.the intake plenum for said supercharger, i have not seen one off a motor for sale, EVER, maybe have to buy OEM nissan, eh?

3.a '87+ turbo model z31 ecu, along with injectors, MAF sensor, and O2 sens.

4.a proper crank pulley/pulley system to run the damn thing + a serpentine belt the correct length.

By swapping over a turbo ECU injectors, O2, and MAF sensor, the engine should run properly, right? or are there more sensors/ electrical connections im missing or may need to run the setup? i know ill need to fab a different EGR tube, thats no prob., i just need the right electronics to get her up and running soon enough to enjoy a few cruise-ins and sunny beach days b4 i leave....ideas guys? maybe just find a motor and a seller willing to part it out? any directions leading to a junker would be highly appreciated!

OH and think a 139k mile motor could handle the added pressure of 5-6psi boost?

Thanks, looking forward to the experience, im not too scared, im sure everybody is when they step off that bus, but i think the hardest part is gonna be leaving the town and people ive known for the past 17 years(3 years were in T.X but i was like 1 then) not to mention quitting the job ive held for 3 1/2 years and the crew im so close with (im a cook,worked my way up from the dish pit..good times..) but all in all its gonna be awesome im sure! oh and im gonna miss driving my Z for 13 weeks str8, God only knows what sorta trouble my dad will get into with it..lol..prolly wont give it back!

If I were you'd, I'd try to get ahold of a complete VG33ER engine from a wrecked offroader. Nissanoffroad(.com?.org?) forums occasionally has one for sale at a decent price. The bottoms are interchangeable, and you gain a little displacement. I believe your heads will flow better. You'll probably have to use nissan supercharger to get it to work with the factory sc manifold. Atleast with the eaton m90s, output shapes/sizes seem to vary between ford and chevy, and even among different generations of either manufacturer. I'd imagine the m62 would have similar variances if you by one off a different vehicle. The m62 however would be kinda small if you're going for much of a performance increase. Those vg33er don't have a whole lot of output. If you use anything besides the m62 you'll likely end up having to fab the manifolds and pulley setups though. I believe some of the newer chevy's are using m62 as well, perhaps some have an aftermarket manifold adapter for taking a larger SC. I have seen some adapters for the buick 3800's manifolds to use a larger SC.

yeah, id almost guess the cobalt/ion may be the chevy using the m62, the m90's a helluva good blower, had one on my buick, my only problem with buying an entire motor is getting it home (i have no truck/van/large car) to haul it with, there was a perfect condition motor for 400$ less than a month ago here in NC but it would have been a 100 mile round trip and i dont think the vg33er woulda fit in the back of my Z..lol..thanks for the site though, will def. check it out!

I bet it'd fit, but you'd be riding on your bumpstops the whole ride home if you don't have stiff springs, hehe.

Or rent a U-haul?

Also, with the m90s, you could do a little bit of internal work, and stuff in rotors from the m112 for some higher output. Perhaps something like this is possible to squeeze some more air through the m62.

True, maybe the aftermarket pulleys used on the m90 to increase boost could be used too...now its just a matter of intercooling it, i like the way the supercharged thunderbirds/mercury cougars did it (air-to-air with a smic) instead of the more restrictive plate style air-water like most aftermarket kits for GM 3.8's...but since the vg30e(t) could handle 6-7psi of un-intercooled boost im sure it could handle the blower, especially considering its using fresh intake air and not air circled through a extremely hot turbine, plus the blower would probably be sticking through my hood so maybe i could fab some sort of heatsink to attach to the case to cool it a little, or even try running a methy injection setup...too many good ideas, just want a vg33er to mess with! gonna post an add for one soon as my new heads/cams are broke in and maybe after a fresh clutch too...

keep in mind some intercooler setups are susceptible to super high temps due to the way in which they compress the air and how they sit in the engine bay, whereas an inter cooled setup draws cool air in from the front of the car, and cools it again after pressurizing it.

don't overlook temps with superchargers. they sound cooler... but it's really iffy. especially cramping it alongside a VG.