HybridZ

Quick Wiring question (Stock 280z) Ignition/ Coil

I have a Fireball Ignition, and new MSA coil. I swapped the motor from my 240z into a 280z, the motor came out of an 83 280zx. Everything ran great when it was in the 240 so everything should match up as far parts go. But I'm a little confused on the wiring for the starter motor and the coil/ ignition. First picture shows the end of the wiring harness for the coil.

HPIM2815.jpg

Guessing the blue wire goes to Neg. and black pos? and then if you look in the second pic...

HPIM2814.jpg

The bracket under the coil.. its not marked for pos or neg, so which way do I connect the other black and blue wire.

2. In the second pic, the wires in my hand- is that a ground?

Finally..

HPIM2816.jpg

The last wire. Where does it plug into?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

whoa I missed this post entirely, just read a reference to it in another thread and came hunting.

Still need help? I'm under the hood of my 75 every day for a week now so I can eyeball whatever you need. I'll check tomorrow on this question, just bump it so I don't forget.

Edit

Forgot to mention I have a 75 as well.

The bonus wire on the alt went to a condenser to minimize radio noise.

I *think* that the ceramic block gets all four of those wires, and basically joins each pair in that photo, along with the wiring to the coil, but its been a LOOONG time since I even looked at my ignition (car's been sidelined for almost four years) so I may be making a gross mistake in all my recollection. The other dizzy wire with the condenser just needs to be bolted down to a ground IIRC, and I will look for that black wire with a ring terminal when I look to confirm my thoughts on the ceramic isolator block.