HybridZ

bad vibrations

Guest kevbob75

Guest kevbob75

i'm not really sure if this is the right board to post on but i'm just gonna give it a shot.

i have a 75 280 with a 96' LT1 in it

the car has always made a TERRIBLE vibration when it gos over 60

i have tried and tried to find out the problem but no luck

i changed the rear end, fixed my pinion angle and thorughly checked the whole underside for signs of rubbing, and had a custom drive shaft built..

and it still vibrates

i think the problem could be in my engine or trans but i am so lost and frustrated i just want to sell my project. Please good people of the internet give me some guidance... any help would be appreciated

i'm not really sure if this is the right board to post on but i'm just gonna give it a shot.

i have a 75 280 with a 96' LT1 in it

the car has always made a TERRIBLE vibration when it gos over 60

i have tried and tried to find out the problem but no luck

i changed the rear end, fixed my pinion angle and thorughly checked the whole underside for signs of rubbing, and had a custom drive shaft built..

and it still vibrates

i think the problem could be in my engine or trans but i am so lost and frustrated i just want to sell my project. Please good people of the internet give me some guidance... any help would be appreciated

I have this exact problem. Like ShaggyZ mentioned above I still need to check the balance of my driveshaft. I have checked tire balance, alignment, all steering and suspension componets, even rechecked the pinion angle. Although one more thing I plan on checking is the driveshaft yoke depth in the transmission. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe they say about 1/2" to 3/4" before it bottoms out in the transmission.

"How pissed would you be if you sold your baby only to find out it was just a tire out of balance?"

or bad ball joints, or front suspension bushings, etc. you need to track it down, first get up to 60mph and turn off the engine DOES THE VIBRATION CONTINUE,? turn on the engine and put the trans in neutral or push in the clutch,DOES THE VIBRATION CONTINUE,?

is the vibration CAR SPEED or ENGINE RPM related?

"How pissed would you be if you sold your baby only to find out it was just a tire out of balance?"

or bad ball joints, or front suspension bushings, etc. you need to track it down, first get up to 60mph and turn off the engine DOES THE VIBRATION CONTINUE,? turn on the engine and put the trans in neutral or push in the clutch,DOES THE VIBRATION CONTINUE,?

is the vibration CAR SPEED or ENGINE RPM related?

That's something I forgot to ask, auto or manual? I've had a bad clutch give some awful vibrations at odd times.