HybridZ

Datsun 610 with 280ZX mind.

jaimesix

Hi.

My first post. I love 280ZXs, it is in my list cars I want . I am hoping to get within the next 6 months a nice mint 280ZX that belongs to an elderly lady. She had it garaged and was used to go to the store, the beautty parlor and church.

I have great plans for that Z:)

I am building my 610 right now ( a Datsun enthusiast , I also have a 710 ) and I got it all painted and working on the suspension. I got ADDCO sway bars ( F & R ) "King" performance springs from Australia specially made for Datsun 610 ( known as Datsun 180B over there ) and ground control coil overs to use with 280ZX front strut assemblies. The front springs are Eibach.

I am going to shorten the front assemblies ( which are 280ZX ) , so I am looking for the right inserts for this assemblies , shortened assemblies that is.

There are some Tokico HTS 102 that a friend talked to me about, but those are difficult to get , because those apparently are sold on a kit ( 4 units.) I am looking for the front only, my 610 rear suspension is IRS, similar to the 510's.

Aside from the HTS 102 , any other brand model specification for the strut insert you guys use when shortening the 280ZX strut assembly?

At one forum a guy talked about Porsche 911 strut inserts, but he never replied to me.

Guys, give me a hand, I am holding on to this issue, it is the only thing preventing my 610 from it's new lease on life.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

I sell the HTS102Fs individually for $160 each and I have them in stock, plus the gland nuts you'll need.

http://www.betamotorsports.com

There are also some Tokico Illumina and HP applications that will work in your shortened 280ZX front struts.

Hi John.

Thanks for the reply. Good to know about the HTS 102. That sounds great. About the iluminas, how many options/ models do we have?? I am definitely looking into materializing this purchase, so I am genuinely interested. What applications would you have for the rear?

Jaime._______________________________________________________

You have the HZ3099 HP and the BZ3099 Illumina if you're shortening the 280ZX front struts or the HZ3038 HP and BZ3038 for non-shortened struts. Tokico does not list any 610/710/810 application but the 510 HP HE2572 or the 280ZX HP HU2286 might work.

You have the HZ3099 HP and the BZ3099 Illumina if you're shortening the 280ZX front struts or the HZ3038 HP and BZ3038 for non-shortened struts. Tokico does not list any 610/710/810 application but the 510 HP HE2572 or the 280ZX HP HU2286 might work.

Thanks John. It was a pleasure to do business with you.

Hope you are doing great this weekend, hope you get to the podium with your powerfull "Z".

Post some pics. I would love to see a modded 610. I've seen one. Years ago and it looked sweet.

Definitely I will. My car will be on the road in about 15 days or less.

Thanks for the interest , it is a cool Datsun, and for the record, in Japan, there was a straight 6 version, the Datsun GT2000. It was a 610, with a longer frontal section and different grille. Something like the US 810 ( 6 cylinder car ) and the UK/AU version of it, shorter front section housing a 4 cylinder engine, other than that being identical cars.

Stay tuned.