HybridZ

Spicer chevy u-joint to datsun adapter!

Guest John Adkins

Guest John Adkins

I was checking into the chevy ujoint to datsun adapter to see if it was available from another supplier besides NEAPCO, and I

found that Spicer also makes a smiliar flange yoke with the same part# (2-2-899) specs on Dana-Spicer 2-2-899

From what I can tell from the spicer info, this part is a pretty common yoke for Nissan and Toyota pickup trucks... and John's Cars is charging $150.00 for it...

I was looking at Dana-Spicer's web pages, and it looks like that with a little research, you could build some heavy duty half-shafts from off the shelf spicer parts!

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: John Adkins ]

Thanks John,

BTW, any indication one with a 2.25" pilot is available? The R200 pinion flange I have is 2.25" instead of 2.00", and the NEAPCO part is for the 2.00" one. I have a custom made adapter, but the guy that built it made it with threaded holes for the 4 bolts, no room for a nut. I don't like drivetrain bolts in shear in the threaded region.

Guest John Adkins

Pete,

The Spicer flange yoke has a 2.25" pilot...

Just wondering,which is more common, the 2.00" or 2.25"?

quote:

Originally posted by pparaska:

Thanks John,

BTW, any indication one with a 2.25" pilot is available? The R200 pinion flange I have is 2.25" instead of 2.00", and the NEAPCO part is for the 2.00" one.

Guest John Adkins

Oops, I meant which is more common, R200s with the 2.25" pilot or the 2.00"... I didn't word my question in the above post clearly... I better get some sleep icon_redface.gif

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: John Adkins ]

• 3 years later...
Thanks John' date='

BTW, any indication one with a 2.25" pilot is available? The R200 pinion flange I have is 2.25" instead of 2.00", and the NEAPCO part is for the 2.00" one. I have a custom made adapter, but the guy that built it made it with threaded holes for the 4 bolts, no room for a nut. I don't like drivetrain bolts in shear in the threaded region.[/quote']

Its been awhile, has any made an adapter for the 2.00" pinion flange? I have a 1975 with the 2.00" flange.

Thanks guys.