HybridZ

Rotating hy35w for wastegate actuator

Actually,(for nc chris) had to order a rather large internal snap ring remover--15 1/2"--off of ebay. Cost Me about 67$ w/shipping. Worked in about 3 minutes with removal of the exhaust end and bumping out of the exhaust section. The pin was gone (thru corrosion ?), so no grinding was necessary. I`m wondering about the necessity to remove the wastegate actuater bracket now, as it looks like it it might have worked. But, a piece of aluminum strap will work with a half hours fabrication..or less. So.. Does anybody need a 15 1/2" internal snap ring tool good for 6"? Thanks, Roger

OOPS, The wastegate is STAINLESS STEEL!!! The brazing thing does not work. It grabbed into the lever, but not the pin. So, I am having friend Tig weld it (stainless steel job). I wonder about the different models of Holset. I have a 02 model. 2400 dodge. It has mystified Me ,seeing all the different ways of approaching the problem. I am assuming there was a big change the next year .

• 2 weeks later...

Had another problem with assembly with the engine. The turbo would not mate. Had to grind 1/8"+ off the exhaust manifold and 1/8" off the turbo to make it fit. Also, when fitting the bolts the lower back nut did not fit.I tried (stupidly) to grind it down to 9/16 size. It did work...but, I decided to pull it off and grind the housing instead.....YESS. The nut clears.I used an aluminum H chanel to secure the T3 dual wastegate actuater to the turbo intake with screws on the flange and JB weld for security.