HybridZ

L28et Swap Wiring Answer!!!!

zdrift

ok so im gonna try to explain it more clear and will post pics on tuesday.

L28ET SWAP WIRING GUIDE

NOTE: This is a wirte up based on what had been done to get my car running...Thanks Ray Anderson...So if you f!@#-up your car dont try to blame me it was done at your own will and i will not be held responseable!!!!!

1) Make sure you have everything for the swap!!!

this contains the ignitor, wiring harness for the motor, wiring harness for the ignitor, complete turbo motor, ECU, turbo dizzy/distributor, and fuel pump relay ( I used a 5 prong bosch style relay for my fuel pump).

2) start off by wiring power for the ECU. These wires should be green and brown and should have a fuseable link inbetween them. Connect the green and brown wires to 12v off of your battery post (dont forget to use the fuseable link). This will supply power to turn on the ECU.

3) Now for the confusing part, the only wires that need to be connected are 2 black w/ white stripe wire. One is to power on the EFI relay the other is to fire off the ignitor, one b/w wire will be located on the ignitor harness that comes from the ignitor its self (wire connected to ignitor next to yellow wire). The second one will be found in the 5 pin plug on the motor harness, this plug will have many different colored wires, green, yellow, white, black w/ white stripe, and blue w/ red stripe. Use the b/w and connect both of the black w/ white stripe wires together and connect to 12v true igniton ( true igniton means that the wire will have 12v when switched and while cranking). This will allow the motor to fire ONLY if you have your own fuel pump relay connected.

4) Now the blue w/ red stripe wire is ment to prime the fuel system. It will have 12v for 5 seconds when the car is in ACC and 12v constant when in the ON positon. If you want this feature then all you have to do is connect the l/r wire to the power side of your fuel pump relay, DO NOT connect this l/r wire to switched power of any sort, the ECU controlls this wire when it gets power, So as long as you have your ECU connected properly and it turns on then you wont have a problem with it working.

If any one has questions or would like a write up on how to wire in your own 5 prong bosch style fuel pump relay let me kno and ill make one.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!;)